The mission of the European Scout Foundation is:
- To provide financial support for the development of Scouting in Europe, with a main emphasis on projects of National Scout Organisations in Central and Eastern Europe.
- To develop the Friends of Scouting in Europe as a means of raising money to support Scout projects. The Friends of Scouting, acting as Ambassadors, also help Scouting grow through their personal contacts and expertise.
- To increase the endowment capital in order to provide financial support for other activities of the European Scout Region, such as seminars, events, publications and operational support.
How can I contribute to the development of Scouting in Europe? You can help Scouting grow in Europe in many ways:
- By joining the Friends of Scouting in Europe
- Financing one or more projects from National Scout Organisations in Central and Eastern Europe
- Making a direct donation, by cheque or by bank transfer
The European Scout Foundation is ruled under the Swiss law on foundations, exempted of all Swiss taxes, and managed by a Foundation Board in full co-operation with the European Scout Committee of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM).
Officers of the European Scout Foundation:
Belgium Luc “Ibis” Rubben
Cyprus Marios Christou
Denmark Bjørn Skjelsager & Niels Troels-Smith
Greece Joseph Dacoronias-Marina
Iceland Julius Adalsteinsson
Italy Paolo Fiora
Lithuania Tomas Broga
Luxembourg Claude Frantzen
Norway Knut Slettebak
Poland Łukasz Anaszewicz
Romania Bianca Nesiu-Bedreag
Sweden Monica & Olle Alsén
Switzwerland Thomas ‘Kirk’ Hirt
UK Alan Beavis
Board and officers
Honorary Chairman: Jørgen G Rasmussen
Chair: Vivian Fankhauser-Feitknecht
Vice-chairman and legal advisor: David Jenny
Treasurer: Walter Hofstetter
European Scout Committee: Julijana Daskalov
Regional Treasurer: Thankmar Wagner
Regional Director: Abir Koubaa
Last update February 8th 2021