PROJECT OBJECTIVES: Aim of the Scout Friendship Foundation is to co-finance Scout activities, promote Scouting in public and provide support for further development of Scouting in Croatia.
- Co-funding of small Scout projects by issuing calls for applications opened for local Scout groups
- Creating Friends of Scouting Croatia Club (FOSC Club) with an aim to attract and connect former and current adult Scouts and non-Scout supporters of Scouting into a social network in order to fundraise and promote Scouting
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The Scout and Guide Association of Croatia has registered the Scout Friendship Foundation with an aim to co-finance Scout activities and support further development of Scouting in Croatia by fundraising through various institutional calls (public fundraising), membership fees (personal fundraising) and with sponsors from the business sector (corporate fundraising).
The Scout Friendship Foundation Program aims to follow the Program of the European Scout Foundation with having two sub-programs: Co-funding small Scout projects and the Friends of Scouting Croatia Club (membership program).
- sub-program – Co-funding of small Scout projects is the sub-program through which we plan to influence the programs of our local units and their members. The Foundation’s calls for applications will motivate them to do more humanitarian activities, community work and activism in their communities and nature protection and ecology related actions. The Foundation will announce several calls for applications annually for which a part of the collected funds will be allocated. In preparation for the calls for applications, the Foundation will provide education for project applications and project management – it will be the first step for young Scouts in project management. This will enable Scout leaders to acquire new skills. The best projects will be chosen by the Governing board and by public opinion (voting on the official web page of the Scout Friendship Foundation).
The Calls for applications will be comprised of different program areas:
– humanitarian activities
– nature protection and ecology
– community work and activism
– empowering Scouting in local communities
Golden sponsors will be given exclusive right to sponsor one whole Call for applications entirely, and within that Call to choose a program area, including the time and the location where the sponsored activity will be held. Golden sponsors will also have exclusive advertising rights in that particular Call and sponsored activities.
Silver sponsors will be able to choose which program area they want to sponsor within particular Call, when it is announced.
This way of functioning of the Foundation represents an innovative approach in funding and running foundations in Croatia because it will enable direct cooperation between the Foundation and potential sponsors in choosing specific program areas, together with the time and place of the sponsored activities to be held. In this way, sponsors can get more flexible approach to meet their specific budgeting and advertising expectations, making the Scout Friendship Foundation one of their preferable partners.
- sub-program – the Friends of Scouting Croatia Club (FOSC Club) whose aim is to attract and connect all former and current adult Scouts and non-Scout supporters of Scouting, into a social network in order to fundraise and promote Scouting. Members of the FOSC Club will be offered different opportunities like discounts for certain products and services, participation in FOSC Club events etc.
The Friends of Scouting Croatia Club will provide the possibility for people to be again a part of the great World Scout family, but also, at least on a symbolic level, to be able to provide today’s generation of young people the opportunity to spend their free time in a healthy, natural and stimulating environment. It will definitely be a good motive and incentive for thousands of future FOSC Club members. Membership in the Club will also be available for people who were not Scouts before but support Scouting in general and want to help the cause.
The FOSC Club will run a continuous promotional campaign through media, social networks and other means of advertising in order to address and attract new Club members. Additionally, existing data on former Scout members from local Scout groups will be used to contact new potential Club members.
Today, there is approximately 250.000 people in Croatia which used to be Scouts, most of them during the 80’s when Scouts movements was extremely popular in Croatia. This number represents a great potential for future enlargement of the Friends of Scouting Croatia Club as the majority of those people remember their period of youth spent in Scouting as very positive. Certainly, many of them would support the participation of future generations of young people in similar activities. All of this provides great opportunities for personal fundraising and amassing further support of Scouting in Croatia. The Foundation aims to have at least 1000 new members of FOSC Club every year.
– 12.500 EUR – salary of director of the Foundation
– 750 EUR – design of the logo, all promotional materials (flyer, booklet), web page and the whole graphic standard book
– 3.000 EUR – first call for applications in 2019 (2.750 EUR will be allocated for projects + 250 EUR for administration and preparation costs
– 750 EUR – making of the official web page (wordpress) with plug-ins for online payment (FOSC Club membership fees etc.) and social networks
– 1.500 EUR – office tools and technology (laptop, chair, desk etc.)
– 500 EUR – printing of flyers, booklets and the making of the roll-up banner
TOTAL 19.000 EUR
Own income: 4,000 EUR
– 2,500 EUR allocated through the initial capital of the Foundation for the registration (by the Scout and Guide Association of Croatia)
– 1.500 EUR prepared from the Scout and Guide Association of Croatia’s budget for 2019 (collected through membership fees)
Income from sponsors for FOSC Club: 10,000 EUR (already contracted)
TOTAL – 14.000 EUR
SUPPORT REQUIRED FROM FOSE: 5.000 EUR
Fose support will cover:
750 EUR – design of the logo, all promotional materials (flyer, booklet), web page and the whole graphic standard book
3.000 EUR – first call for applications in 2019
750 EUR – making of the official web page (wordpress) with plug-ins for online payment
500 EUR – printing of flyers, booklets and the making of the roll-up banner
TOTAL – 5.000 EUR