About European Scout Foundation
About the European Scout Foundation
The mission of the European Scout Foundation is:
- To provide financial support for the development of Scouting in Europe, with a main emphasis on projects of National Scout Organisations in Central and Eastern Europe.
- To develop the Friends of Scouting in Europe as a means of raising money to support Scout projects. The Friends of Scouting, acting as Ambassadors, also help Scouting grow through their personal contacts and expertise.
- To increase the endowment capital in order to provide financial support for other activities of the European Scout Region, such as seminars, events, publications and operational support.
How can I contribute to the development of Scouting in Europe? You can help Scouting grow in Europe in many ways:
- By joining the Friends of Scouting in Europe
- Financing one or more projects from National Scout Organisations in Central and Eastern Europe
- Making a direct donation, by cheque or by bank transfer
The European Scout Foundation is ruled under the Swiss law on foundations, exempted of all Swiss taxes, and managed by a Foundation Board in full co-operation with the European Scout Committee of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM).
Officers of the European Scout Foundation
Jørgen G Rasmussen
Vice-chairman and legal advisor
European Scout Committee
Luc “Ibis” Rubben
Bjørn Skjelsager & Niels Troels-Smith
Monica & Olle Alsén
Thomas ‘Kirk’ Hirt